For most college students, finding the right way to study is a constant struggle. There are so many other things going on within campus that you sometimes lose focus of why you’re really in school. We here at MyU are here to analyze the hot spots to study, their pros and cons, and hopefully help you determine what will work best for you!
– Nature is beautiful
– Peaceful, serene setting
– Breath of fresh air
– Perfect for that Biology class or Art class
– Trees provide the perfect shade
– Did somebody say hammock?
– Wildlife can be loud, distracting, and possibly scary (Bees anyone?)
– Frisbees, baseballs, any kinds of sports can be damaging to the focus
– The smells of the wild
– Children in the park
– Allergies are dangerous
– If you live in the south, the heat is a definite distraction
The Lib aka LIBRARY
– You have no choice but to be quiet in the library
– Free Wi-Fi usually
– Supplies are usually around
– “Quiet” rooms and spaces to get your complete focus
– Books are at your complete disposal
– References galore
– It can be a super depressing place
– Stress can build up in such an environment
– The lack of socialization could be hazardous
– Crushing internet speeds and connectivity issues
– Others can be a distraction (especially if you know them)
– GROUP PROJECTS ALWAYS MEET HERE
The Dorm Room
– A relaxed space that you’re comfortable with
– Food is easily accessible
– No rules or regulations
– You usually have control of your surroundings and distractions
– Comfortable couches and beds make for a lovely study experience
– You don’t even have to travel anywhere!
– That episode of “The Bachelor” or “The Walking Dead” that you missed last night
– Naps, the silent killer
– Daydreaming because you can
– Doing everything else you have to do at home besides study
Well these were just three of the top places we have chosen as good study spots. As you can see they each have their pros and their cons but MyU thinks they can all be successful. Regardless of your decision, go out there and study hard!
What’s your favorite place to study?